Tuesday, December 31, 2013

This is the end of 2013

Yes, this is the last day of 2013 and there were many memories for the past one year.  Many good returns and bad incidents but it does not matter, it all become memories now. Yesterday and today make me realized many things that have happen.

Yesterday,  I had a dinner with the old boys of  my compnay  and it helps me to see my future.  Retired, old and sickly.  I was among my peers who have attained the age of 70 and above.  Some of them was alright but some look sickly and week and one was the wife of my colleague who have passed away. There was a minute of silence for my dead colleague and there was a tear in the eyes of those who were present.

Today, it was my boss birthday and in his birthday  speech , he talked about his sickly mother and the gathering of the old boys and how his friends and aquaintances  drop dead like flies. He told me that all of us have to be prepared for the final day and how prepared we are , there is still a lot of uncertainties when the time comes which could make us cling on to life because life is more certain.  We cannot let go because we do not know where we are going to.  Period and no religion can help us unless we make ourself ot believe it.

Another thing is that we act as if we cannot die or we will be alive forever and we do not want to talk about death or face the reality of death and we want to live on with the hope that we live forever.  This is not real but for the moment, it help us to be happy and make us strong.  But life is so unpredictible and anything can happen.

Only the present and death is uncertain while all other things are uncertain and predictible.  So, live and live with the fullest.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment