Sunday, December 1, 2013

Birthday dinner at Midland's court , Penang

Birthday dinner at midland's court, Penang.

Today is an auspicious day and there  was a lot of wedding dinners in Penang and almost all the Chinese restaurants are full. But ,my brother in law was able to locate one restaurant to celebrate his birthday.

The midland's court restaurant have been operation for many years and most their waitress and waiters is old and I believe it has been I operation for more than thirty years.

I remembered of playing in a band at the weddings parties  in the restaurant about 15 or 20 years ago and I have also attended many dinners at the place. But it certainly gone out of my favorable. I can see remember the restaurant but do not have the urge to go there anymore until tonight.

My BIL ordered a soup. a fish. A Peking duck. a vegetable dish and end with.a fried wantan mee and end with a birthday cake. The food was okay but a bit pricey.

The only drawback is the passage to the restaurant . The upkeep is abit dirty because of the Karaoke bar on the 4th floor and when we were leaving we encountered with a few "Chinese dragon ladies" on their way to work. The place is abit dangerous because of the massage and girlie  jpints..

So much for the food amidst a mixed neigbourhood.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment