Sunday, December 22, 2013

A holiday break - observe more

A holiday break

I really need a break and to slow down my activities to find my bearings. I have not been able to prioritize my matters as I was caught up in my job and my yoga sessions. I must slow down to think what is important to me in my life. Also I have not been thinking lately.

I remembered an analogy when a Professor told a class to fill up an empty vase with pebbles and sand. Which one you should fill up the case first ie pebbles or sand? If you fill up the vase with sand , there is no place for the pebbles but you fill up with pebbles   There is still rooms for the sand。In life , the pebbles are big matters or our life priorities. If we concentrate on our small matters , we will die as a unfulfilled person. We will not achieved our purpose in life.

If we slow down and do not rush through life  we can see life more clearly. We can take time to look at things for a longer while and if we do it , we can see more details in theses things which usually pass us by when we rush through life. A colorful scenery became a shade of black and blur shade. Everything become uninteresting.

I promised myself that I will do things slowly and patiently during this festive breaks and will absorbed more details in my journey through life. Walk slowly, eat and chew slowly , talk less and observe more. I will do nothing but just to observe and see.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment