Thursday, January 2, 2014

I almost die again

On the 1st day of 2014, I almost involved in a serious accident.  It was in the morning and having not enough sleep, I drag myself out of my bed to bring the goodies which I bought in Taiwan to my sister's house.

I was at the junction of a traffic light and I was focusing on a couple on a bike in front of me. I did no see the traffic light and as the bike turn , I follow it to turn and suddenly, I saw a car speeding towards me on a head on diretion.  I step on my brake and it was fortunate that it was just in time for the car to pass through. I woke up and found that the traffic light was still red.

What was I thinking about ? Yeah, maybe it is the tiredness from the overseas trip as my mental status have not fully recovered yet.  I could be seriously injured or could be killed because the car was speeding to beat the traffic light.  I think the car is driving about 120 km per hour.

This is the second incident.  I remembered the first incident not so long ago, when I took the wrong turn and driving into another lane with on-coming traffic.

I know that with a slight twist of fate, things could be different and life is so fragile.  Afte this incidences, I become more alert and relax in life.  As I have often told my staff, life is uncertain , death is the only certain thing and we shall take life as it come and enjoy it to the fullest.  We should learn how to dance in the rain.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment