Friday, March 30, 2012

Tonight's dinner at Tao Egate , Penang


My wife have to work late, so I cancel dinner with my 2nd sister and invite her and my daughter and her boyfriend to join me at Tao, a Japanese buffet restaurant at Egate, Penang. We have to reserve a place , otherwise, it was almost full house very night. For RM50 right, you get to eat a lot of varieties of Japanese food.

Of course, they have also alacate but the buffet wsa like that you can eat anything or any amount you like. My wife ordered sashimi, scallop, oyster, maki and rolls , chicken and back to sashimi and it went around and around with different varieties. This is actually very bad for health because we tend to eat more that we need to eat.

We ended with ice cream and ooffee by the end of the dinner, we have over eaten so many times and start to feel heavy My daughter and her boyfriend went over to Tesco to walk around while I sent my wife and my sister home.

Come to think about it, it was fairly cheap to eat in this type of buffet and it was like eat all you can and also at your own risk. We tend ot overeat because of our greed, not hunger.

Egate is filled with restaurants, pubs and cafe. At one end is Paparich and the other end is Starbuck coffee. Both ends were crowded with people and filled to full house. Maybe, tonight was a Friday night and most of the youngsters would take this time to hang out late as tomorrow is a rsst day. Egate is near the sea side but it si separated by a veyr wide road. It is impossible to cross over to the beach area and currently, the beach front is earmarked for property development by IJM who is developing " the light" in this area.

Well, I have been to the Tao several times and each time after eating there, I will shy away for a few months or a year as I will feel I have enough. IN chinese, Tao means the way. So, the way to our stomach or the way to food paradise and you can eat all you want.

My message is that enjoy the food but don't waste. It is s bad karma to waste food and pay back to bad karma is uncertain and depend on the timing. To all you folks, it is a choice that you must exercise " live to eat or eat to live. It is all up to you.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment