Thursday, March 1, 2012

A passing of the day

It was a normal day. I took two hours off today as my leg is abit swollen because of ghout. The drinking of beer and eating of meat in Bangladeah was the main reason for painful leg. After reaching office, I immediately answered all the incoming emails and clear off some queries and I head off to lunch at 12.45pm.

The lunch was a fast and simple one. Just bread with egg and curry mee. The eating was fast and I rush back to office to set up a skype conference with my counterparts in Dhaka, Bangladesh with two of my colleagues assisting me. It was a project meeting. The tele-conference finished at 3pm and I rush back to my office to answer my new incoming mails. I was supposed to retrieve a report which was done years ago but it was a futile search on my archive files. This matter is still pending.

Suddenly, I remembered of a meeting with a lawyer and my tax consultant. I called her and she confirmed that the meeting was on and immediately, I rush to Penang Island to attend the meeting. I was slightly late and the meeting start off from 4.40pm. The traffic on the road from the mainland to Penang Island was light and easy. The meeting place was at Traders Hotel.

The meeting ends at 6.30pm and I waited at the lobby and wait for my wife to pick me up. She was slightly late and I reached home at 7.30pm. I had dinner and went back to my own house.

It was a simple day and business as usual. Nothing spectacular happen and it was a routine. But, time never stops and it slips by our hands as we move along with our routine. It never object or raise a voice but quietly, it sneaks by and before you realize it, many moons have passed. How many of us is aware of each moment? We are distracted most of the time and we do not care to be conscious as we are involved in a race. A race to where ? The final destination is the same and why then are you in a hurry ?

Slow down,fellas and let the things in our life come together and make you restful. If you keep going or moving, such happenings could not be closed and it keeps your matters unclosed and fluid. Stop and you will receive.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment