Saturday, March 24, 2012

Dinner at 8 rows again.

Last friday, I had a family dinner with my SIL, G at 8 row. This time, my wife did all the ordering. We had Taiwanese noodles, their famous buns, fried chicken and some tim sum items. The taste was good and the price acceptable.

We have not met G for some time especially when she is back from Bangkok for a month now. G have been travelling to Singapore and KL and have been keeping herself busy since her husband, J passed away last November. It has been 5 months since then. I know that she is trying to move on with her life. It is not an easy thing as memories will keep on haunting her. Our monkey mind will keep playing tricks on us and keep pulling us back into our past to relive the good moments.

I could see that her white hair on her head is getting more. Appearance for a women is very important and they will do anything to look younger unless she has given up in life or change her priority and live for the day.

ONce, I had a lunch meeting with L and she told me that our old habits die hard and we would change our ways and get out of our comfort zone until something happen and change our focus and way of living. In my previous article, I have wrote about my brother who became more withdran after his heart by-pass. I notice that he is getting back to be himself slowly and surely over time. I hope G will do the same. To get on with her life.

During the dinner, she kept talking and talking about everything just keep herself busy. Loneliness can be very frightening if we are not prepared as past mmeories can be very painful and hurting. For all of us, it is very difficult to let go of our fond memories.

LIving our past has become part of our life and we have to live with it and be friend with it. The more we attempt to force out these memories, the stronger is the re-action and we will be hurt in the process.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment