Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My dinner at EQ Japanese Restaurant , Kampachi

It is valuation day and my Company employed an agent to carry out a valuation exercise of our factory[s assets. Agent Y was a friend from past exercise and we start work almost immediately when he arrived from KL to Penang on a 8.00am flight.

It was a hard day's work and it involved a lot of walking under a stuffy and hot environment in the factory. It was quite a rush because of the huge number of assets and parts involved in the scope of work.

We had a short and fast lunch and we continued to work into the late afternoon. I was fortunate to have brought along my assistant and she did all the walking while I was in the office attending to my work and answering emails. The exercise dwell into the late evening and I suggest to sent my agent,Y back to his hotel and have an early dinner in his hotel EQ.

Due the early evening, there was not so much customers and we ordered a sushimi, a chawan mushi, a chicken terayaki, a tempura, two eel rice and two char soba. It was a simple and typical dinner and it was quite pricey. The restaurant is called Kampachi and it has several outlets in Malaysia. It is one of the better Japanese restaurant in Penang and Malaysia.

From the start of the dinner, agent Q have been taking about how he invested in the stock market and he choose his counters based on his analysis on each company's fundamentals. He make loses in the past and recently, he is more experience, losing one in five investments. He also invested in houses and apartments but now the price of property has gone too high. He bets on fundamentals and invest only in plantations shares with strong fundamentals. He also favors gambling counters as he believe in good or bad times, there is a need for gambling.

He kept talking and never seem to stop to breath and he enjoys rattling through the whole dinner. Once a while, I will break his thoughts and talk aout the coming GE13 in June. He was also passionate about Politics and he start to blast the ruling BN Government. He said that he feel cheaped and the education of his children is getting too expensive and beyond the reach of ordinary people who choose to study in private colleges.

There are such people who can keep on talking for hours and they have endurance to last longer than necessary. I was already ear full and I told him that I have to go home. So, this ends the conversation and as I was walking to my transport home, the words start dropping from my ear. My ears were getting lighter and lighter.

It was a day of hard work and a earful day.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment