Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Yoga Teacher, Jack

I haven't seen jack for a long time. I think he should be demi-god by now. I always enjoy his class as he pay special attention to stretch my pose to the maximum. He actually opens up my joints and stretch my muscles. His class is interesting and at times, strange.

I have attended a few of his special sessions ie open your heart session, tap the universal power, opening up our chakras, receiving energy from above and dragging it through our system, giving curing lights to our sick friends and many many more. One of the session, he asked us to meditate and strengthen our aura and he put his hands a few inches from his head and he try to feel the energy coming out from the top of our head. I don't feel anything despite I strictly followed his instructions and sometimes, I pretend that I feel it too. Why others can feel it, I cannot? shameful, right ?

But, the simple exercise like "opening our heart" is a very good exercise. For this practice, we lie down flat on the floor and we place our right hand on top of our heart and we call out softly " open our heart" repeatedly and let our heart sink into us. By relaxing our heart, we will be able to untie the thousand knots which makes us lighter and more relax. This is like untiring all our bondage which we have added on our life as we grow up and pass through the different phase in our life. We will be more happier and more peaceful in our life.

Another good exercise is reducing our thoughts. According to yoga, we have about 50,000 thoughts going through our head each day. Just imagine you manually switch on and off your light bulbs. Not only, the lights will blow and switch will also be spoilted. Jack will give each of us a candle and will asked us to light the candle and put it infront of us and then we will concentrate our attention on the top of the candle light. That part of the candle light is the hottest and is blue in color. By focusing our mind on the flame, we can empty the thoughts in our head and if we can reduce the number of thoughts going through our head, we will feel refreshed or re-energized. If we can reduce our thoughts to one thought a day, we will be full of energy and will be brighter than a light bulb.

If we can attain such level of awareness and consciousnes, our mind and body will merged as one and it will strengthen our aura and will promote great awareness, great compassion and loving kindness to all lving beings. Another great teacher will be born....

Namaste.

Another

No comments:

Post a Comment