Monday, February 6, 2012

Lunch at Chicago ribs - GP


On the 15th day of CNY, my wife told me that she wants to Go shopping at Gurney Plaza. Her strategy is to go early in the morning to avoid the jam and get out before the jam start. A smart move indeed. Surprisingly, the crowd was sparse until after lunch.

After walking around for three hours, we decide to have lunch in the mall. Our purpose if walking around is to replace our morning walk for the day. People spend time in a Gym and exercise under the air con. Why not do window shopping in an mall instead? It is not only free but more interesting and focus especially on the people passing by.

Well, this was not my message. After walking for more than 2 hours, my wife suggested lunch at the Mall and she told me that she want to try something special apart from the Japanese food. She suggested Chillies or Chicago ribs and I told her that we should try the Chicago ribs. It was our second time there but she insisted it was our first time. Well, it does not matter and we leave as that.

On reaching the restaurant, we were served by a young waitress and after that a young waiter took over the service and gave us a menu. He was quite polite and helpful and he suggested a full baby back rib which I agreed immediately while my wife order a fish fillet. As usual, we shared our meal and in this way, we could share more varieties. I ordered a ice lemon tea while my wife ordered a warm sky juice. It was not because she is thrifty but she was having a cold flu. The young waiter told me that my ice lemon tea is refillable for the whole day. I could drown on ice lemon tea on that day.

The fish fillet was so-so but the baby back rib was perfect and excellent. It was soft and tender and it jus melt into our mouth. It will be even perfect for a toothless tiger. I remembered we used to favor a baby rib shop along Burmah Road many years ago and it has closed down already. We used to frequent it 4 times in a month and I would recommend it to my friends and relatives. Maybe, the pork ribs did not catch on with the people in Penang especially it has to compete with the Chinese " siew yok". This fatty pork "siew yok" is also my favorite and it another excellent dish if you do mind the fatty stuff. As compared to babyback ribs, it is lean and dry and the "siew Yok" is wet and fat. It is way apart but it has its own unique taste. A perfect "10" in its own ways.

In life, we should try all types of food at least once.. There is a Chinese saying " we do mind it is not forever but having it once is enough". Well said, this poet must be wise old man who loves food. LOL

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment