Thursday, February 2, 2012

Dinner at Ming garden, Time square, Penang


I attended a CNY dinner hosted by HSBC at the Ming garden, Time Square Penang. There was two separate dinner at the same restuarant, one hosted by HSBC and another hosted by Ambank. There was a huge crowd on the enterance to the restuarant and we had to wait for the HSBC staff to invite us in.

I was greeted by several of the HSBC staff and I met a few friends at the dinner. I have not been seeing them for quite awhile due to my busy schedule and my reluctance to attend dinners. I used to attend dinner and have a good time drinking and eating among friends but I have lost my passion in this area. Rather I like to go home aarly to rest after a hard day's work. Maybe, this is the different phase in our life and our passion change with time.

I met a friend with his wife. He was my former neighbour and he has shifted to an house in the same area. He looks old and fragile but he could eat and talk. There was a band playing on the stage and the singers were singing the oldies but it was quite a jovial night but the people at my table was serious and with a straight face. However, I met Alice from HSBC and she was a jovial and happy person. She told me that live to eat and because of that she is abit fat. Yeah, she just enjoy to eat.

The food at the Ming restuarant was quite sumptious and looks expensive. The dishes were huge and the taste is tolerable towards good. We were serve with wine but when I look around the room, most of the guest look serious. Perhaps, we have better to be serious in front of our bankers. Our outlook and behavior matters a lot to the bankers who is financing our business. Any wild behavior could turn us into an unwanted risk and they could downgrade our credit worthiness. Successful man should look serious and discipline. But, there so many crooks with a straight and serious face. OMG!

Yeah, the mood was fine, the music was loud and the food was good. Feeling guilty as I have skip my yoga session tonight and on the other hand, I eat quite a lot because of the mood at the dinner. A lot wine to come by and good music and songs to sing by.

Every good things must come to an end, just like life. Good, bad or ugly, it does not matter in the end. So, why so serious ? Just do what we want and be happy. Yes, just be happy.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment