Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Today's lunch with Paul

Today, I had a simple new year lunch with Paul at the Starview Restuarant. We ordered a "lap meh fun", Taufu and one vegetable. The "lap Meh Fun" is a chinese new year dish and it is actually make up of rice and a few type of Chinese New Year sausages. It is very easy to cook but it depends alot on the sausages we used as ingredients. I have eaten "lap Meh Fun" a few times for the past two weeks and today's taste was one of the best I had so far.

During the lunch, we talk about several subjects and one of his topic was that he is very tired of his job and he wants to resign but at his age of 49, there is no where to go. This morning he had a phone call from one of his customers and they were so unreasonable in their question and he felt upset with them but yet, he have to maintain a cool front and talk to them nicely. His job as a relationship manager and he had to keep and build good relationship with his clients. Human beings are unpredictable and sometimes very unreasonable. They can force a hand on certain matters.

We talk about the political situation in our Country and I feel that we should change the current government because they have been in power for a long time and many things really stay fixed and breed inefficiencies. I gave him an example of my Company's old staff who refused changes and still think that the way they operate for so many years is the best and there is no problem. I told him that some of these old staff choose not to see problems and taking things for granted. If we introduce computerization, they will be the first one to reject it. This is bad for the company. I am not saying that the Government is bad but there should be a two party system and each taking turns to government and check on each other. Just like the USA. Too many parties will disrupt progress and lack of continuity.

Paul is a Karate instructor and we talk about exercise and the trend today. I told him that I build an exercise room in my house for my Tai Chi and Yoga training and since it had been completed for one year, I have use it less than 10 times. The same goes with my massage chair, my Osim's electric drum, the slimming belt, the vibrator and the leg massager. All these items are laying idle in my house. I told him it is cheaper to join a gym and have the latest taining gagets. I am still practicing my Tai Chi and I am attending yoga class three times a week at my teacher's yoga studio. We agree that exercise and training is more effective in a group. It takes alot of discipline to move one's self.

We went on to talk about migration. He had a daughter in US and he can migrate to US based on her daughter's resident stutus and we talk about bring money to USA and Australia for retirement. Our wealth will only be one third of its Ringgit value and we become poor because of the exchange rates. I told Paul that this is one of the reason I don't want to migrate as I want live comfortably in Malaysia. I have worked hard for my money.

Time flies and it was time to bid Paul goodbye and he sent me back to my office in his car and while travelling in his car, there was another phone call from the Client who called him this morning and he was trying his best to satisfy his client's quest for a solution to theirwe problem. He tried very hard and he repeatedly told his client, he has to check with the proper authority. He was very stressed and on reaching my office, I told him to relax and take care of himself and we shall meet again another time.

The day have passed so fast and the message to all you folks is to relax and enjoy your work. If you do not enjoy your work, you should think of quiting and find some thing you love and have the passion to do well. Money is secondary and pursuing your passion is the priority. Be fair and love yourself more. Time waits for no one.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment