Thursday, January 26, 2012

4th day of CNY

I went to work today. My first working day in this dragon year. To start work today is only average, that means, it will be average luck for the whole year. Tomorrow was a better day, it will be excellent for the whole year. I have a choice but I choose today to start work. I have gone through it all after 34 years of working life. Good, bad and the ugly, I have tried it all, so come what may.

I was abit tired and rusty after 5 days of rest. Just rest, eat, gamble and sleep. Well, that is what holiday is about. Why should we tired ourself out if there is a choice. Doing nothing is doing something. We give time to our body to heal itself while we rest our tired mind. With thoughts going through my mind at the rate of 50 thousand times,even the best switch will break down soon. That is what I read from an article that for an average untame mind, thoughts changes about this average number of times.

If we train our mind to be focus and aware, we can reduce the number of thoughts going through our mind. The less time, the less energy spend and you could save the energy for better things to do. Just imagine if you can reduce your thoughts through 10 times aday, how refreshing and focus you will be. For some meditators they train themselves to be able to have a single thought or a single light meditation. If we slow down our thoughts, we also slow down our breath and our actions. We will quiet down and remain focus.

So,if you see people meditating , they are actually doing nothing on the surface but actually taming their mind. That is staying quietly, doing something. Instead of moving around or talking relentlessly and wasting your time, you remained in focus and enjoy the marvellous experience of been with yourself. That most important part of us. Ourself.

Today, I was rusty and a bit stressed after getting to know that my brother is getting worst and he is schedule to have a by-pass due to the blockage of his arteries. I kept thinking about his health and come to know that I cannot do anything about it. I cannot control what is happening or doing anything to help. He will have to go through the surgery and have to make an effort to recover his wellness. It is a process which will need patience and time. What is there to be scare about? There is nothing to fear and even if we are fearful, it does not help. So, we have to stare ahead and move step by step. We have to follow through the process.

I wsih my brother well and hope that fate can be kind to him and give him a chance to live a longer life. I can only hope and there is nothing else I can do. We hope for a better tomorrow.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment