Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A strange encounter of the third kind.

In reality , we believe that ghost exist only in our mind but there are Buddhist chants that can pacify an angry ghost or drive away irritating spirits. Is this a deviation from the basic Buddhist concepts and beliefs ? However, in the Thai Buddhist sect, there is a belief in spirits. There is life in everything and also spirits in transition roaming the earth but in a different dimension.

Something strange happen on last Saturday after arriving from South Korea. My family and I was invited to stay a night at my sister-in-law , MC’s house. In her TV room, she had place the ashes of my late BIL, Mike in an urn with his photograph by his side. After my bath and dinner, I sat on his favorite chair and place my leg on his leg rest and watch a movie on his favorite TV set. One of the latest model. I was alone enjoying the program and suddenly, I felt a cold wind hitting my body and causing me to shiver and sneeze several times. It was quite unusual for me to sneeze seven or eight times in a row.
I felt strange but I ignore the symptoms.

The next day, I could not hold back my curiosity and I ask my SIL , MC and she told me that it maybe because of my hectic trip to South Korea which have weaken my resistance. Yes, I would like to believe that explanation but underneath my skin, I have my doubts. It could be that I happen to disturb my BIL, Mike’s peace and he is upset with me. Well, anything is possible right ?

Life is sometimes very strange, we cannot explain everything that happen logically. So , let it be and if I have offended my BIL, Mike , then I would like to say “ Sorry , Mike” , don’t be upset. Next time, I will not use your leg rest , ok ? It is better to take it on a lighter side.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment