Sunday, January 29, 2012

Today is " the day of Mankind"

Today is the day 7, the day of the human or the "jen" day. Usually, the Chinese families will cook a pot of porridge or a dish mixed with raw fish meat to mark this occasion as the beginning of the "Man" or human being. The raw fish symbolized a new and lively beginning.

I was hosted a dinner tonight for my brother and sisters and their respective families at the Penang Swimming Club and in the middle of the dinner, my youngest siter reminded me that today is Jen's day. So, I quickly ordered a small plate of vegetables with some fresh selmons to mix the vegetables and the raw fish for a "mix of good fortune and for growth" to have a new beginning.

The CNY occasions have many good food and good meaning deeds which promotes positivity and happiness in our life and by eating these well- meaning food and dishes, it is supposed to bring good luck and fortune.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment