Thursday, January 26, 2012

He isn't heavy , he is my brother

Just came back from the hospital after sending my brother there for treatment. He was semi conscious due to low sugar in his blood. He speak as if he was drunk and mumbling without a word coming out from his mouth. He was a heavy man and it was impossible for me to carry him down from upstair of my sister's house to my car. I asked my nephew to call for an ambulance. It arrives within minutes and he was cured after an insulin jap.

His health have been troubling me for hte past weeks after he was diagnose with blockage to his arteries and I have been checking on him regularly. Well, his sickness is under control at the moment with proper medication but his diabetic problem complicates the problem. He was on medication to bring down his sugar level and also medication to strengthen his heart. He took over 10 types of medication at the present moment. Who are we to question the Doctors and I have been advocating for a second opinion before any decision to do a by-pass. Obviously, they trust the current Doctor who is handling his case. So, be it.

I have lost one elder brother and he is my only brother and I have to help my sister to look after him. My brother is a simple man and he started to work at an early age and do not have much education but his passion for politics is very strong and he reads a few Chinese News paper a day and maninly on the political development in the country. He is very much an opposition man and he is critical of MCA, a chinese political party and the current government. Basically, most of the Chinese in Penang have such feelings. So, let it be.

It was a night of adventure and part of my dharma. I realize health is the most important asset in our life. We have to live a healthy life style by eating properly, exercising regularly and have sufficient of rest.

Now, it is early morning but I am wide awake after my brother's episode at the hospital. I am tired but yet I cannot sleep. My destiny to-night is for me to share this experience with my readers.My feelings and my reservations.

The title of this message is " He isn't heavy, he is my brother" and it is actually a title of a very popular song. In the lyrics, the song mention that the road is long, of which there is no return.....Yes, it is a life journey and I am carrying my brother with me. I will help him whatever way I can and let him have a good life is possible.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment