Friday, January 13, 2012

Spring is here again,

This blog is enjoying its second spring. This phase may not be describe the personal life of a women or a man because by having a second spring it means that they having a new life partner but it could also mean that an old couple is on their second honeymood. It can also be applicable to a man who have just have a successful heart by-pass when their body is revitalized by such procedure. Normally, for the ordinary man, it applies to a season after winter. The spring which brings back the sunshine after a long cold spell of the Winter. By bring back the spring, the grass will grow and flowers will bloom. It will be a period of joy and a new beginning, the welcoming of the New Year.

Chinese New Year is just around the corner and only a week away. There is a feeling of freshness and the hope of a new chapter in life. Recently, I had a lunch with a group of friends and one of my colleague join me. The restuarant was playing the old Chinese song on their Hi-fi CD player and it sounds so familiar and repettious and old. The song was from the early 60s' and before. So, I asked my colleague how did she feel when she hear the song after more than 40 years. I told her I feel old. But, she did not agree with me. She told me that these old songs bring back a special feeling, the feeling of a new year and a new beginning. It brings back her memories of child hood years. The happy and go lucky and playful years. When she talks about it, it brings back a smile on her face.A kind of sweet smile.

Frankly, altough I feel old as I have aged with these songs, I cannot denied that it brings back the mood and rejuvenate our spirit. The style of singing and their special lyrics and instrument they used is a unique arrangement. There is so many Chinese New Year songs but they failed to replace these old songs miserably. These are songs of joy, happiness and wishful greetings which have much meaning and hope.

Apart from the songs, the Spring brings back special food. I had the waxed pork rice a few times already since the beginning of Januaray. Easily, it had been 5 times already and it is really special. My boss,H told me that these waxed pork needs the special autumn wind to dry and kept through the Winter and the ripe time to eat it is in spring. The aroma and the taste is too good and each time, I have to restrain myself in order not to get fat. The challenge of eating less of these special food is really stressful at times.

Not only the food but the delicious cookies that will come along during the spring. So, we can see that Spring is so much fun an joy apart for th chance of a new beginning. It is just like a second spring in our life which add spring in our legs and joints. LOL.

If we look at this aspect, it is fun but there is also a stroke of wisdom. Every day can be spring to us if we want it. It is our choice. Why do we need to wait for a New Year to revitalize ourself and change our mindset or our mood. How many Springs we can have in our life? If we treat everyday as a new year, won't it be better. So, many more happy days and so much more joy. It is all in our Mind and it belongs to you. Look inside you and search for your Mind wherever it may be. Be aware of it and manage it to bring more spring to your life. It is not dificult.

So, let have more Spring in our life and so an early Happy Chinese New Year to all my readers. Welcome the year of the Dragon.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment