Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My Yoga lesson, yesterday

The class started off with some heavy pose and it was very taxing for me but I tried to follow up with the class. Some of my younger classmates could not take it and stop to practice at their own pace but I keep my pace. I thought I did well but at end of the lesson, I was so exhausted that I took a break and did the final pose with my own pace. My teacher was sarcastic to me and asked me why I am not following the class but instead of doing my own wind down pose. I thought she told us to do the pose at our own pace and I am just doing that just listening to my body. I was a bit disappointment as she wants us to follow her pace. Why has she changed so much ? I know that I have been following her for six years already but our body conditions changed every day. One day , it could be raining and another day, it could be shining especially with student of my age. Yoga is a very passionate and personal practice. It does not mean that what others can do , we can do. There are some pose, we can do it well but others cannot do at all and vice versa. This basic knowledge should be in her mind all the time. There are reasons that why we cannot do a pose or some day we can do it but another day , we cannot do it. As I mention, our body condition is never the same. Well, I am not quiting but I know her purpose is to make all her students perform and perform well. She wants to be proud of her students but there are lapses and she should recognized it. My wife and myself is her most supportive students and we try never to miss her class. Even if we perform poorly, she should accept it as we are not in our twenties anymore. I hope her third eyes will open wider and see a bigger picture and realize our body conditions at a particular moment and realized that we need to rest and some times, we can do poorly or badly. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment