Monday, November 18, 2013

A Meditation Guru - Chad Foreman.

Meditation Teacher Chad Foreman I have been a dedicated student of meditation and yoga for over twenty years. In 2001 I renounced worldly affairs, sold all my possessions and moved to an isolated meditation hut at a Tibetan Buddhist Centre in Queensland, Australia, where I spent six years studying with my main teacher Khen Rinpoche, Geshe Tashi Tsering, studying Buddhist meditation, psychology and philosophy. During that time Khen Rinpoche authorised me to be a teacher. I developed in-depth knowledge and experience studying and practising full-time and receiving the highest initiations including from His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama, and I was also ordained as a Buddhist monk and completed numerous intensive silent meditation retreats. After years of training in a daily practice and with a firm grounding in Buddhist thought, I branched out from my own tradition and keenly pursued meditation and wisdom teachings from a variety of spiritual traditions which helped broaden my understanding of meditation, peace and enlightenment. With determination to decipher and distill the various meditation school's universal qualities and unlock their secrets, making them available to everyone without having to join any religion or follow any gurus. What I discovered is that essentially all the meditation paths either directly or gradually lead students to the ultimate truth of identity, in other words discovering who or what you are. The Way of Meditation teaches that the universal truth of wholeness, non-duality or oneness is the final understanding of all the great contemplatives and mystics throughout history. I combine the meditation techniques of traditional Buddhism with the self-inquiry of Advaita alongside the philosophical views of Tibetan Tantra and I am also heavily influenced by Zen and Chaan meditation schools. The way I teach offers a powerful and eclectic presentation of deep and profound views and methods in a modern and easy to follow gradual training system called 'Mindfulness to Mysticism'. I have also completed three years of university study at the Sunshine Coast University in Psychology, Philosophy, Counselling and Sociology. I have been trained in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), which are both mindfulness-based therapeutic systems. I also maintain a commitment to be a full time student and practitioner of the The Way of Meditation, by maintaining my own regular meditation practice both on and off the cushion. I have been teaching meditation groups and workshops since 2003 and now offer e-mail and skype coaching. The Way of Meditation training is a clear and precise presentation of various Meditation Masters' essential advice on achieving inner peace, deep insights into one's true nature, and tapping into creative, compassionate and intelligent powers within yourself. I emphasize and empower people to practice self-reliance, self awareness, acceptance and continuity of practice. I live in the hinterland of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment