Saturday, August 17, 2013

The wild wild west side of Penang.

The chaotic traffic situations I have experienced chaotic traffic situations in Penang and I felt upset  not because of the volume of the traffic but rather the habits and the selfishness of these drivers. Yesterday, I encountered a driver who park her car covering 2/3 of the road and talking on her handphone and not bothered by the jam she created. I was told many times that it is the habit of lady drivers but I beg to differ. There are many idiotic male bike drivers as well. These male bike drivers are even more stupid. They can zoomed out from everywhere and they think they owned the roads. These morning I was driving through a road which have been converted into a morning market which was located at a former wet market as there are still a few eatery shops. The hawkers have occupied one side of the road while another side was occupied by a row of motorbikes and there is only space for car to pass although it is a two way street. As I was driving through, the bikers could just stopped and wait for you to drive through and they stared at you as if you are bothering them . Suddenly, another bike zoomed in front of you and stopped in the narrowed road staring at you because my car was blocking the road。hey! What is happening ? It was originally a two way street and now it became so narrowed and it became a bikers lane . What is happening to the public order? Now it has become like the wild wild west where the hooligans rule the world. Who shout the loudest will win. I really don't know what the authorities are doing and illegal structures are all over in Farlim and if you dare, anything you can do because the authorities are now partially blind.maybe , now it has reached my saturation point to move out of this ' wild wild west' side of the state. Otherwise, I will be tortured but its increasing chaotic situation. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment