Sunday, August 11, 2013

James Foo western restaurant, All Seasons Mall, Farlim

A simple family dinner at James Foo

Today night I had a dinner with my family at James Foo at the All Seasons Strait Mall at Farlim.  The restaurant was open for many months ago but I have  not attempted to go eat there because of the large crowds waiting for theist seats.

Tonight, suddenly I asked my wife and daughter to eat there and both of them complained that we have to wait for the food. But I insisted and I offered to drive there on a Sunday night.

Yes, as usual the mall's parking lots was full and I have to do some illegal parking to avoid waiting. That was not important. There was already a queue at the restaurant it it was about 5 minutes waiting and we were offered a seat. I was amazed at the speed the queue was clearing and I was eager to know why?

We have to get a queue number and we have to select the menu on a piece of paper and it was handed in to the counter via the waiter.

After seating for 10 minutes, the food starts to arrive and within another 15 minutes , we finished our dimmer and was on the way home. A total of 30 minutes for a dinner.  We ordered spaghetti, a chicken combo and a Gordon chicken and with three drinks.
It was fast , good and cheap and it was amazingly convenient.

Now I know why there are so successful as a western food restaurant. The business formula was excellent and the trick is a simple fixed menu, a systematic way of seating , a dedicated set of good staff , good chef and fast turnaround and the money will be following in.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment