Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Selamat Hari Raya,my old friends

Today is Hari Raya 

Today, I read the exchange of greetings between my daughter and her Muslim friends on her FB and it makes me wonder what happen to my malay school friends. Practically   blank in my head. Where are they now ?

My friend Sheik , the fat Gani and one Nordin.  They have became my imagination as my old memory travels back  half a century to recapture their image.

I remembered that I traveled to their house and I played with them and we were quite close. At that time, we don't have IPhone and computer and I have to walk to their house to find them after school or during the weekends. It was fun and joy then.

I don't know where they are and whether they are alive or not. But for a short spell in life , our path cross each other and there was a reason for it. Maybe, the reason was that I at least have three Muslim childhood friends.

So, Sheik, Gani and Nordin wherever you are , I would like to wish you and your family ' Selamat Hari Raya'.
We may not meet in this life again, but it was fun to know all of you.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment