Friday, May 17, 2013

Three nights in Bangkok

Three nights in Bangkok 

I am here to attend a conference  in Bangkok and on the first night , I was cheated by dishonest restaurant operators and been taken as suckers. It was really upsetting.

After arriving in the city , I took a cab from the tourist counter to my hotel. I told the manager of the cab company that I want to go to Meridien hotel . He told me he know the hotel. But, actually there are two Meridien hotel. One is Le Meridien and another is Grand Meridien. The owner is the same. The cab  driver was not sure and he followed his manager's instruction. He was wrong. Finally , the cab driver have to sent me to Grand Meridien after he reached Le Meridien. There was  a massive jam and it was a tiring trip for me.

I felt sorry for the cab driver and also upon reaching the hotel , he has to wait for 30 minutes for me as he agrees to sent me to a good restaurant for dinner. I thought I have to be kind to him. Again,
I was proven wrong.

I invited my guest to  join me for the dinner and the cab driver took us to a seafood restaurant and he had to charged me for additional fare and it was abit expensive but it was okay for me.

At the restaurant ,We ordered three dishes . One crab, one tong yam kun and one steam fish  for two person. It was shocking when they give us abit crab , a big Tom yam and a big fish. I think it should be for two sumo  wrestlers  instead of two ordinary person. It is really absurd as we want only food for two person.

The next shocking matter was that the bill came to a total of US$160 and it means that the food bill is US$80 per person.  Again, we have been taken to be a sucker.

To return to our hotel, we have to look for cabs to go back to our hotel.
All the cabs we approach refused to run the meter and demanded fixed fare. It was absurd  and unbelievable for these things to happen in Thailand. 

It gives the image as a city of thieves.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment