Friday, May 24, 2013

The song: Anak/child - my memory

The song " Anak /Child "  - recap

I am in KL with my wife and my sister and brother in laws and we had a fantastic lunch of Ampang  ' Yong Tufu' and nasi lah and an awesome dinner of  chicken wings, pork ribs and fine noodles and ended with a salad and 'Tufu Fah. The dinner was abit too much but it was wonderful  especially company and the hospitality. It  was a rare occasion.

During the conversation, I could the passion of  the parents when they talk about their children. Where are they, what are they doing, whether they are studying or working, how much they are earning and for those studying what the progress ,so forth and so on. It is forever a very hot subject and off course, among the younger generations , they have their own sets of problem.

In the Chinese saying, we support our child for a 100 years and we worry dead for 99 years. I think this is very true.

Thinking back in years when I was in a band , I like the song Anak \ child very much but I was not able to absolve the full feeling for it. Today, I recalled and listen to the song again, it really aroused my senses and it touched me deeply.
I wanted to let my daughter ,May to listen to it and to let her know how deep is our parental love for them. 

I have been telling my friends that the parental love for our children is unconditional. It is comparable to GOD's love for all human mankind.

I have extracted part of the lyrics of the song here for your pleasure and you can tune into YouTube to listen to it.  It is appropriate in the spirit of Wesak......

When you were born into this world 
Your mom and dad saw a dream fulfilled
Dream come true
The answer to their prayers

You were to them a special child 
Gave 'em joy every time you smiled
Each time you cried
They're at your side to care

Child, you don't know
You'll never know how far they'd go
To give you all their love can give 
To see you through and God it's true 
They'd die for you, if they must, to see you here

How many seasons came and went
So many years have now been spent 
For time ran fast
And now at last you're strong

Now what has gotten over you
You seem to hate your parents too
Do speak out your mind
Why do you find them wrong .......

No comments:

Post a Comment