Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My worst flight home from Bangkok

My worst flight home from Bangkok

I was on transit in Bangkok after my trip to Bangladesh  and was waiting for a connecting flight back to Penang. I reached at 5.15pm Thai time and was supposed to take the next flight at 7.45 om back to Penang.

I have two and a half hours to waste in Bangkok airport. I went shopping for about half and hour  and proceed to the designated gate. When I reached the gate , there no boarding sign and so I proceed to the waiting bay . There was no announcement of any delay and suddenly there huge crowd at one of the counter and the news came back that the flight was delayed for two hours. The boarding time have changed from 7.45 pm to 9.30pm and the stewardess were giving out dinner voucher of 300 baht and we were advised to proceed to fourth floor for our dinner.

I was quite upset that there was no official announcement for the passenger waiting at the  bay . Maybe they have indicated the delay at the electronic board. Another upset thing is that a dinner for baht 300 is not enough at the airport.

The Bangkok international airport is renown for its lousy layouts and messy boarding systems. There have been rumor that the design and structure if the airport was done so poorly that they could be massive corruptions for the Government to sign off the deal.

The airport business from the terminal took more than 15 minutes to reach the plane and it had to take a 360 degree turn to reverse to the plane. It was really upsetting at the inefficiencies of the airport.

I did not expect such bad services and wastefulness of the airport from an international airline.

Recently, I read of an article promoting Thailand for its hospitality sector and other Countries have a lot to learn from them. However, for me they not that good as promoted and there are much rooms for their improvements.

However , having said that there are certain sectors in their hospitality industry which provide standard of services especially in the hotelier sector.

Sometime, a small dot can spoilt the value of an excellent painting and it is really a waste and an unfortunate happening.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment