Sunday, May 12, 2013

Dying to be me : A remarkable journey

Today, I received an SMS from my wife with a website link : Dying to be me.  I did not know what it was all about  and I did not bother about it.  During dinner, my wife asked me about the SMS and I told her that I was not been able to access it and she told my Iphone and got the link on.  It was a recording of an interview of the author , Anita and a Filipino host about her best selling book , Dying to be me.  It was an awesome experience for me after listening to the interview.  It brings back all the knowledge from the Buddhist books that I have read.

The author, Anita is an Indian , ran away from an arranged marriage , subject to the strict  Indian customs and the caste system, feeling insecure and suffers alot by not been herself out of fear and  subjected to alot of stress while living in  HongKong because of the clash of the cultures. Due to her life style and fear of expressing herself , she developed cancer and the cancer spread to her lymph note and she was in a coma for 30 hours near death. She talks about her near death experience,  GOD and Heaven.

According to her, GOD have no physical self but an experience of unconditioned love and Heaven is not  a place but ability of oneself to be what we are or what we intend to do and moving without  space, time and limits.

In the book, she said that how she recovered from Cancer  and now she is in her six years or more after her recovery . The reason she recovèred was due to her father wish that her time was not up and because of her love for her husband ,she came back to damàged body which was down to only 85 lbs. She said that dying was a beautiful thing and there was immense joy when you are in the stage and there was nothing fearful about death.

This reminds me of a Buddhist wisdom which says that if we are not fearful of death, then we actually start living. We have to live to be ourself, say what we wantt to say and enjoy  joy and happiness .  All of us  should enjoy the joy of living and not been fearful and eat to avoid cancer or  restrict our lifestyle  or suppress what we want to do and behave restriçtedly out of fear of not living according to expectations of others.

I have yet to read the book but from the TV interview,  it is a book we should not missed and
reading this book will bring us through another awesome experience.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment