Friday, August 26, 2011

When the time to go, we let go....


This is the resignation letter of Steve Jobs, the ex-CEO of Apple Computers, the maker of IPad and IPhones. Currently, he is terminally ill with cancer but his commitment to stay alive is still firm and strong.  Great men are always rare and positive creatures and they usually die young.

Spirituality: Steve studied Zen Buddhism in his youth. He often said that he thought of becoming a monk up in a monastery in Japan instead of starting Apple, but his guru Kobun Chino convinced him otherwise. That same Zen master was a spiritual adviser at NeXT and married Steve and Laurene in Yosemite in 1991.
A lot of critics of Steve’s tough management style point out: “Imagine what he’d be like if he hadn’t studied buddhism...” This is one of Steve’s many paradoxes: how could a real Buddhist make a living out of selling gadgets to the masses?

Namaste.






















Full name: Steven Paul Jobs
Birthdate: 24 February 1955
Birth location: San Francisco, California
Social background: lower middle-class. Father was fixing cars for a living.
Education: high-school certificate. Dropped out of Reed College after one semester.
Occupations: chairman & CEO at Apple Inc. + Director at The Walt Disney Company
Net worth: $5.5 billion according to Forbes' 2010 ranking — 136th richest man on Earth
Annual salary: $1


Resignation letter :

To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple's brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

Steve Jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment