Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My blind spots

Deep inside me, I really don;t know about my self. I have been quick temper and stubborn at times. In some incidents, I am a Mr No All.  I have fixed views of things and I don't hesitate to point out mistakes. My fixing mind is always probing and pointing out errors of people and landed my self in trouble. I am imperfect and I am a human. To err is human and to forgive is divine. But, don't take this reason as an excuse to make mistakes.  It is very unfair.

Part of my job is to trouble shoot and I have a very active fixing because my nature of work. I make decisions and proposed solutions within a short time and sometimes, alot of things is based on my feeling and when not all the facts are here as yet.  The problem is that if you wait for all the facts , then it maybe too late. A urgent problem needs a spontaneous solution.  Sometimes you can be wrong and the consequences is negative. So, we have to draw deep into our experience to determine when to act or based on the facts gathered on hand. Often there are second chances if the action is fast. There is still time to ratify the mistakes if any.

Yeah, this is our blind spot, If you drive a car on the road, certain angle of vision is block  and you could not see the traffic from behind.. This is the blind spot. When you are at the position, we have to act on based on your senses or feelings. In life, there are many such blind spots.

In human interactions, most of the times, we see what we see in front of us and we form our ideas of the event  and make up our mind of certain things or draw a conclusion based on our views. IF we take the trouble to talk to the other person that you profiled, you may find out that your views are totally wrong.  A certain twist in your storyline will change the whole story. Just like a drop of  ink into the water will change the entire color of the water.

In order to make a proper decision, a good communication among the people involved will give us the facts for us to decide.  We should not try to read the facts from the surface and come to our own conclusion .The longer time you take to gather the facts, the more accurate will be your assessment of the a problem. But, time is a constraint and decisions have to be make soon. The balance of time and facts before coming to a conclusion is a skill and not just guess work.

Na,aste,

No comments:

Post a Comment