Thursday, August 18, 2011

Waiting at KLIA

Waiting for  the flight back to Penang, just sitting at KLIA , reflecting on the two and half days in KL.  I could not sleep well last night and I suspect that it could be the Chinese tea , I had with my sister , Jo at lot 10.  I have similar experience in the past after drinking tea in the evening.  I have specially mentioned to Jo that we have to be careful and get some light tea which induce sleep  But, the opposite have happened.  A bit dizzy and drowsy.

Anyway, I managed to struggle through the morning session on some international trade issue with MITI and catch a simple lunch before going to the airport. When I reach the airport, there was a big contingent of police officers and I believe they are welcoming some VIP before sending them  off from the airport.  I avoided the crowd and proceed to self check in and proceed to check in myself.

I just wanna share my thoughts while sitting here waiting for the plane.  The past two and half days have been hectic , going through the bi-lateral trade issues , some serious work. After the whole sessions, I realize that the world is going away from globalization.  The creation of trade blocks , FTAs and economic pacts are isolating the Countries. In the name of Free trade, the countries are negotiating with each other for more trade within themselves. What about those small countries or the LDC ( Less Developed Countries ) who cannot manage themselves?  A lot of matrix of trade agreements wiring up the whole global trade connections.  It is immensely complex and troublesome. Where are we going ?  Instead of simplification, we are going into the woods?

Just feel fed-up with the massive documents and trade conditions and the next stage is to seek a compromise among all the countries to manage the bi-lateral trade.  It will take years and I do not whether it will be within my working life .

So, much for now.  Try to stir my thoughts away to something more present.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment