Monday, August 15, 2011

My first yoga lesson .....

After two months,  I accompany my wife back to our first yoga lesson after about two months.  My yoga teacher was so surprise and she welcome us warmly.  Most of the old members are still there and the class have expanded with many new faces. Yes, new faces come and go but core members still remain. Many of them enquire what have happen during our absence.  I told them my FIL have been sick and he recently passed away. Some of them expressed their condolence.  Well, the past is gone and the show must go on.  We have to continue to live , right?

Time to start and we have to go through the warm up routine . Gosh! it was terrible.  The stretching and the bending , the twisting  and the pressing. At certain stage, I just feel like giving up as the joints have taken the pain badly. One of the joint exercise with my partner, I almost lie flat on him and I could not get off until my yoga teacher pull me up.  My friends were laughing out loud (LOL). I took it positively and make fun of it. What else can you do to hide the embarrassment.  Hey, fellas ... after a long absence what do you expect , man.  I did not say it out but coming from hind sight , I could have say it to cover my embarrassment.

The lesson drag on and it was painful but I was gradually ease into the exercise.  I pull my punches and never go to the full length and it was a relief at certain crucial points of  the exercise. I must be bluffing my self but what the hack, I need time to ease back into the routine . Ok?  Have a little understanding lah.

At the end of the lesson, it was a relief. All of us thank the teacher and the teacher also told us that all have done well.  In my heart , it should be well done... like a well cook steak. My muscle is well relax and loosen up for the grill , man.  It is normal for everyone to go through this torture after a long lay off. Many would have shy away or take the easy way out and lay off the lessons.  There is a saying " fools rush in where angels fear to thread" . Is it true ?  It should be "when things gets tough, the tough gets going " .

Anyway, I must not shy away and stay off. I should control my thoughts to stay off the pain. I must believe that I enjoy the pain and the good health that goes with it.  Well, you couch potatoes, get your selves whip up  and get going ... do any exercise that makes you feel bad at the start and good at the end.  If you can eat the bitter of the bittiest , you are man above man" .  A hard and tough going fella.


Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment