Wednesday, August 17, 2011

2nd night in KL - what an experience

I choose to have a quiet evening so I called my sister, Jo. I told her that I want to visit her at her home in the evening just to drink tea and chat. But, she told me that she had a dinner appointment with her son, Wei and she suggested to pick me from Shangrila and to have dinner with her. I accepted her offer and later, her husband , Ronald and her pick me up. But, the road to Wisma Loh Yat where her son was , was jam packed and Ronald decided to park her car in Pavilion and walk to Loh Yat. It was a short walk and half way there, it starts to rain heavily. We reach lot 10 and waited at the food court and we sip tea to wait for the rain to stop.

After a while, Ronald took the umbrellas to check on her son at Loh Yat while I continue to talk to Jo and catch up on the things that have been happening. As usual, gossip can last for 5 hours and we talk about a lot of things, just to pass the time. Later, a call from Ronald that the rain have stopped and I walked with Jo to Loh Yat which was only a short walk. It was fun walking in down town KL as I have not been doing it for a long time. We met up with Wei and Ronald at Wei’s work place. He is workingon a part time basis to spend his holidays . Later, we had dinner at a Japanese restaurant there. Just a simple dinner.

After dinner, we left Wei to continue with his job and we walk to Pavilion because Jo want to buy some bread from The Loaf. I told Jo that the load is owned by Dr Mahatir and I do not like him. This is my right who I like or don’t like. But, the bread look good and Jo insisted on buying some of the bread for me. We bought quite a few. The Loaf is three storey and served drinks and other food including bread. We moved on to the other malls linking to the Pavilion and we can see the happy atmosphere when people are spending their time in the pubs and cafĂ© to while away their time. Maybe, it is puasa time , there was a lot of people hanging around the malls.

Later, Wei came and join us and it is time to go back to my hotel. It was a simple night , nothing spectacular but the feeling was great. Just simple strolling and talking to Jo and enjoying the night life on the streets and the malls. We don’t have to eat big dinners or drink heavily. Just a passage of time in a simple way.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment