Monday, February 21, 2011

Those were the days ,...

The song goes like this ... " Those were the days, my friend. We thought it would never end, we sing and dance forever and a day, we live the life we choose and we fight and never lose, for we were young and sure to have our ways..."

When I see the young people , I admire their happy and carefree days which I once have. Now, it has turn into a routine and yet  challenging days which carries heavy responsibilities.  The bondage which  we add on our daily life through the years and knots of hurt feelings and heartaches  wraps around in many layers. We are trained to have a fixing mind , trouble shooting and solving problems as it comes and by the end of the day, we are worn out or "cooked". Where do we have the freedom and the time to simple things like lying on the grass and watch the sky or chit chat with our neighbours and enjoy the cold evening breeze outside our House.  All the faces and time have gone. Vanished.

I remember every morning , I will chase after the Indian man selling green bean kandong.  I will buy a bowl and eat it with bread. The Indian bread. Ow, so delicious and good. Sometimes, I will buy the kutu malyong , a kind of web-like noodle with brown sugar and coconut bits and I will chew and eat it slowly. What a wonderful feeling. Simple , cheap and good. So, carefree. I would run along the streets and chase my friends in the back lane, playing hide and seek or throwing rubber balls at each other. Time pass so slow and I enjoy Evey minute of it. Now, I watch my computer screen most of the time and when I am not on my desk , I will read my mails on my Iphone 4. I would read and answer my mail and resolve any problems arising or communicate to me.  I missed the open space , the star , the moon and the sky.

Just a reflection of my thoughts as inside me I crave for  the pleasure of the simple things I did when I was young. My friends may have been gone but they live in my memory and they will live with me forever. The thoughts of them will re-surface when my mind travels back to  my younger days. I long for my yesterdays when love was such an easy game to play and my troubles seems so far away. So, when something is wrong, I will long for yesterday or my yester years.

Live and live freely. Do whatever you can to re-live your happy days.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment