Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lunch talks about life.

My friend came for a visit and my  boss and myself have a lunch with him. He is thinking of retiring early and have to exercise his option in three months' time.  My boss asked him what he is going to do if he opts to retire.  " I will use my retirement years to teach the poor students" he replied. This is a very noble thing to do. What else? My boss press him for more details. " I am thinking of teaching Silva mind control as well as I have been practising it for 20 over years. It will be useful to all my friends " he continued.

Yes, there are alot of options available after retirement but we have to plan it well and find out what is our objective in life. He asked me whether I am retiring and I replied that I have uncompleted missions to complete certain projects which I was involved from the start. I told him that I should not think too far ahead as I am unsure of tomorrow.  He agreed with me and before we part ways, he told me that money is not everything.  Ok, at this age, how much do we need more. It does not cost too much to sustain our life through simple living. Sometimes, less eating is more healthy. To have 70% full stomach is enough and excess eating is bad for health. I have seen my FIL eat less than half a bowl of rice and he looks trim and slim. Well, this is not a general statement as different people have different needs.  Some eat to live and some live to eat.  Different priorities all together.

My friend's family is moving on to Australia and he told us that he will be alone.  His present house have become too big  and he is looking for a smaller and a more suitable place.  Yes, if we live a lone in a big house, not only it is eerie but it is not safe. If some thing happen to us,  nobody is around to save us.  In the states, there is a health service where certain service organization will install monitors to detect the occupant's movement and have equipment and programmes to test their health conditions.  This type of service could have a bigger market if the population ages and people live a longer life.  However, this is not the time yet and it is logical for my friend to find a suitable place to live.

Well, for some older folks there should be some kind of planning now because everything is getting expensive including the cost of buying an apartment in a nice location.  So, wait no more , old folks while it is manageable and a good place is available.

Keep healthy , keep a good diet , do some exercise and control our mind.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment