Wednesday, February 9, 2011

CNY dinners -memory of the good old days

Today, I attended a dinner at 6pm which hosted by one of my bankers. The food was rich and plentiful and the company was great. I sat among some old friends and we talk about politics, experience and life in Australia as one my old friend is migrating there next month. I have been rejecting dinner invitations but I accept this one because I have to introduce my young staff to my banker friends. It is like an exposure to her to learn to socialize and talk with people in a group dinner. Anyway, it is one of the earliest dinner I have ever attended and the earliest is 6.30pm.  Strange but I attended it anyway.

I noticed that there are so much difference in this year's dinner with the earlier years.  There use to be drinks, hard liquor drinks and too much of overeating. Now, the guest is worried about cholesterol , fats and sugar. Everyone seems to eat half of what we used to eat in the past years and have been very selective. Yes, now a days, it is so easy to die.  In the past , we eat fatty meat, alot of rice and internal organs as delicacies and have no fear of cholesterol ,fat , salt and sugar.  Our parents also eat the same thing and they live into their ripe old age. What is happening  today ?

The food today is filled with chemicals. The farmers use chemical fertilisers to fatten their pigs, green their vegetables and strengthen the chickens. There are chemical here and chemical there. It is so excessive and everyday, we have been taking in huge dose of chemicals without knowing it.

In my house, my wife installed water filter for drinking and we installed a big water filter outside to water our plants and fill my fish tanks and  ponds. We replaced all the piping leading the water into my house and despite of that , my fish was poison to death several times, when the dirty water occasionally,fill up my tank. This illustrate how polluted the water is now a days. Water filter has become a necessity in life.

What happen to our clean earth and natural food.  Now, we have to selective in our food to avoid to be poison. Too much salt affects our blood pressure , too sugar gives us diabetes.  Too much red meat give us uric acid , too much fatty pork give us clogged arteries.  It was unknown years ago.  Has science may us more vulnerable to sickness and ill health.

One man's poison is another man's meat. But, medical reports and studies have generalized  these effects on our life span and condition of our health. I long for my younger days where I eat freely, drink freely and breath freely.  Now , I have to detoxify all the food and water to keep my health.  Occasionally, I am taking poison if I dine in a restaurant as I do not have the control on the food and water quality. Well, a little poison is good for the immune system. It tickle and stirred the generation of a protective substance to neutralize these  poisons.

I pray and long for the unaffected natural environment , far away from the polluted air, water and food.  Deep and high up in the jungle where I can live freely again. Watching the sunrise and sunset from the distance and gradually unwind and wither away  while listening to the wind.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment