Thursday, April 17, 2014

The death of the Jelutong Tiger - Karpal Singh

I was dumbfounded this morning when I heard the news that Karpal Singh was killed in an accident. I stumble for the news and I read it with a very sad heart.  He is the MP for my area and I have been his supporter for the past few elections. Why ? Is this a political ploy or an accident ? There have been many such accidental deaths including the MH370 and the ferry incident in Korea where hundreds were killed. Tears started to swell in my eyes as I read the re-actions in the news.

I supported him because he is fearless and most outspoken on many issues and he fights for justice including the dirty plot to smear DS Anwar through the use of sodomy.  I have great respect for this man and I think is a man of great principles.  What happen to the country and the political landscape now without him?  There are many others who speak very openly but he is the most daring of them all.

He has spoken against unfair elections, the abuse of power, the suspicious prison deaths, he has defended many prisoner facing death sentence, the ROS,  the interpretation of racial rights in the constitution and most of all the several sodomy case against DS Anwar.  He died with a sedition case over his head and was find RM4,000 and is expected to be boot out of the Parliament.

He has been jailed  as a poltiical prisoner together with LKS , LGE and Mat Sabu and has very strong bond with each other. 

I must say that he is a great man who have walk through this earth during my time and it is very fortunate to grace his greatness.  I believe everything is fated and it is so unfortunate that his time have come. He is only 75 years old and could have many good years ahead to defend the rights of the Rakyat.

Everyone have a purpose in life and I think he has his higher purpose to change the life of many people and also the fate of the Country.  I think he has server his purpose well. So, RIP .. Karpal..

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment