Saturday, April 12, 2014

Noor & Dean Cafe, Noordin Street,Penang..

Noor & Dean Cafe, Noordin Street, Penang

I was at the cafe today after my morning yoga session and it was not difficult to find. The concept was a good one serving Malay food in a Chinese heritage houses. The cafe occupied two heritage houses and it offers a non Aircon section and an Aircon section. Like all the heritage joints , it keeps the structure intact but with a new fresh of setup internally. The cafe offers 5 rooms for lodging and it ranges between RM300 to Rm35O per room  inclusive of free breakfast for two.

We sat in the Aircon section and I ordered a gado gado and a Char Koay Teow while my wife ordered a latte and a sandwich. We were surprise at the big portion of food. I enjoyed the gado gado which is a variety of vegetables, Tufo, eggs etc served with ground but source or satay source while the sandwich looks normal and the char Koay teow was with three big prawns and looks delicious.
The gado gado was very tasty and soft uwhile the char Koay teow was excellent. The latte was so-so and the price of the food was about Rm60 for two.

For me, it is another good experience having visit the places which was close to my heart as a child. I had a friend staying close by and I was frequently in his house when I was playing in a band when I was young. There were so many find memories.

To my readers , it will be a good experience eating Malay food in a China town.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment