Sunday, September 1, 2013

Lying on my bed, thinking.

Lying on my bed . thinking Many thoughts went through my head as I lay on my bed trying to sleep. It has been a quiet weekend and I went around to finished my weekend chorus. Certain part of the day it was raining and now it is drizzling late in the night. The thoughts of my wife's second uncle keep coming into my thoughts. I saw him on Saturday with his wife and he has a tube sticking out from his neck. He was a businessman before and was doing quiet well until his son gambles away his house and his retirement funds. We used to meet on Sunday at my father in law's condo. The uncles and aunties will gather there and enjoy a few rounds of mahjong and followed by a dinner at the condo. He told me that he used to practice "Tai Chi" and taking brisk walks and now he is getting old and getting sickness. He told me that when we aged, we have to take care of our food and health. The thought of him let me wonder that everyone of us will need to go through the cycle of birth, aged, sickness  and death. I saw on TV this evening , the funeral of Thailand's white dragon or the "Pak Loong Wong". He is a very famous personality and he is consulted by many famous celebrities of Thailand and Hong Kong as he considered a Demi-god who can tell the fortunes of his followers. Even this Demi-god also need to abide by the basic cycle of life preached by Buddha. I have read about the research in stem cells as scientist try to grew a brain from stem cells. Maybe one day, a person may not need to die as scientist can grow stems to repair the dying heart ,brain and the vital organs just like the worn out parts of a motor vehicles and they can break the basic cycle of life. At that time, is there  more meaning to life? Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment