Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My lunch date with SF.

My friend , SF have been traveling and was business at work and we have not met each other for a long time. But, I could track her movement in the FB.  She have been going places with her friends and finally, I managed to catch up with her and to listen from the horses' mouth.

Yes, I pick her up at the Petronas station at Raja Uda and we proceed to a lunch place at Kampung Bengali. She told me that she has become a vegetarian and would not eat meat anymore.  So, I ordered eggs and vegetables for lunch and it was really a simple meal.  After that , we proceed to drink coffee at Station 1 near to Petronas where she have parked her car.

It was the normal catch up lunch and she took me that she is enjoying her life and asked about my blog.  I took her that I have deviated from the "Passive" Buddhism to  "Engagement" Buddhism.  She asked me the difference between the two style and I told her that the traditional Buddhism is passive in nature where the religion calls for improvement in our ownself and shy away from the world to recluse oneself. But, engagement Buddhism is to practice the dharma , precepts and eight fold path in our daily life and also to use these practice to engage society and to spread the religion through our life style and engagement with the people. 

For example , in the eight fold path. It reminds use to use the right words and do the right actions and so we have to practice and reminded other people to be aware and adhere to the practice.  It is not only restricted oneself but also to speak up and engaged people to remind them of such good practice. 

So, recently, all my readers have been aware of my "openess" in my articles especially relating to the GE 13 and also the behaviour of the people in power.  I believe the wisdom that " Evil will prevail because good men's reluctance to engage the evil". 

I believe the principle of " Engagement Buddhism" is good and we should avoid the layman to be bully and hurt by the people in power.  A good Government is one who is afraid of the people and not vice versa.

After the lunch, I hope she will think more about what  I have told her and she could spread this understanding to those people close to her.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment