Sunday, June 23, 2013

Heat and haze - a burning desert.

The Unbearable heat and haze is here...

Have you walk under a 38 C heat wave?or have work in a room at this degree of heat ? Yes. I did a few days ago and the experience was a unpleasant one

I could only stand one hour in that heat and I was sweating profusely and the burning feeling raise my blood pressure and I was short of breath after sometime. I could not tolerate anymore and I just wanted to get out before sometime serious happen to me.

Back in Penang ,it was not so hot yet the unpleasant feeling is there. Couple with the haze, it is suffocating . I rather stay in my Aircon room and rest. The thought of the heat and the haze draw me back from all the outdoor activities.

During one conference in Bangkok , I was told the weather between extremely hot and cold is getting nearer. This means the spring and autumn session is getting shorter and shorter while summer is longer and hotter while winter is also getting longer and colder. This change in the weather will affect the people's lifestyle.

In Malaysia and Singapore, the haze is making the summer unbearable and In fact, it is unhealthy to human beings. It was reported that the haze was coming from hotspots  belonging to 8 Malaysian Companies. The Indonesian Government is still investigating.

With the heat and the haze, it will be like living in a burning hell. I pray that such disaster will blow over soon. 

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment