Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Idiots on the road - an experience

Lately , I was abit off shade especially when cars choose to drive past me from the left , motor bikes cutting into my lane from nowhere and cars just changing lane as they like. The traffic on the road is getting heavier and I am feeling not safe at all while driving.

During the holidays, the traffic gets even denser from outstation traffic and they choose to park wherever they like.  I know saying that I am against outstation visitors but the roads in Penang is actually very narrow and parking spaces are limited and the road side is the only place where it is easy to park. It is the habit of the car drivers to park as close to their place of interest as possible and walking abit would be torturing to them.  In this haze, it will be much worse and because of this habit, you could see double parking or jammed parking.

It is a natural re-action when someone threatens your safety , the fast instance , we curse that fella and call him an idiot even when there is nothing happen or only a narrow miss. So, for a journey from my home to my place of work every day to and flo,  I would be yelling " idiots" so many times. Finally, my wife told me that there are so many idiots out there.

Coming to think about it,  I could be over re-acting to the situation and  I cannot change the imperfections outside.  It could only make the inside of my car noisy and irritates my wife. But, this is the way , we blow our hot air out.  The idiot drivers outside could not be bother with us or could not hear any yell or curse but it is the people around us which is impacted the most. So, coming to think about  it, we are really stupid or the "idiot" ones.  Sometimes, we could help it and we also yell out four letter works "&*%*" and ended up with our wife scolding us.

Yeah, there is a saying when we are angry , we should not say or do anything , otherwise, all the wrong words and silly action will occur.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment