Friday, June 15, 2012

Sadness in my heart.

There are still so many happiness in human beings  as I could see with my own eyes how anger is kept in the hearts of the people around me.  My colleagues, my family members and my friends.  Such anger and hatred is so difficult to over come and we became slave to it.  We are abuse by these angers and hatreds  and we  expressed in words during our conversation with them or others.  Yeah, I have also been struggling with this demon in me and sometimes, I win over it and most of the time , I succumb to it.  I just hate this unsteadiness in me.

Such anger or hatred can do a lot harm to the people carrying it because it creates a lot of conflict and misunderstanding  between people and sometimes, it could caused a person to hit below the belt or to backstab another person. Anger and hatred worked in a very mysterious way and after the impact, when we get over it,  it leaves behind a bad taste.
After that, we realized that it could have been better if we have manage it well.

Life is only fleeting moments and yet , we hold to such feelings so deeply.  How  should we over come it ? Can Master Time give us the strength and power to subdued it and make it vanished ? I don’t think so, if we don’t do anything about it.  The feeling will just sink into our heart or hide somewhere and it will rise up when the time is right.  Even more powerful. It will explore and open up wounds and will remained open wider and deeper. It will create havoc all over again.  Strange isn’t it?

So, how do we wipe it off ?  We have to beware of its existence and meditate on it with an open heart.  Let it rise to the surface and stare at it doing nothing.  Bring it out from the heart intentionally and face it and try to dilute it with wisdom. The wisdom of impermanence and emptiness.  Realized that it is our choice to manage it and cut it from the bud when it arises and before it hurt other people.  Meditate on the feeling constantly and tell ourselves that it is useless and wasteful.  Negate its existence and let it get dimmer and dimmer each time it arise and eliminate it once and for all.

It maybe possible or not be possible to eliminate it all together but the efforts to diminish it is the right approach to have a happier life. Why let this feeling destroy our happiness and caused misery around us. So, we have to wake up the Buddha in us to chase it away.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment