Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Prawn village in Tambun, Penang

I atte nded a farewell dinner there tonight and I just got home.  The travelling time was not too long. It took 30 minutes from my office to the restaurant and it took 45 minutes to travel from the restaurant to my home.  I have not been there fo rmany years aready and I think it is more than 5 years. We use to love to come here for seafood.

Tonight's food consisted of four seasons, prawns, crabs, yam vegetables mix, fried noodle,  toufu with fried chicken but free flow of beer for the main table.  The weather was abit hot and cold  beer was a relief. The taste was okay and the price per table cost about RM400.  The event finished at  9pm.

Now, I am resting on my bed and re-cap the past my experience eating at the restaurant. About 14 years ago, I took my mother and sister to  Sungei Petani which is about 30 minutes from Prai to Alor Star. After doing my chorus in Sungei Petani , my sister suggested that we to to Tambum for food.  Upon reaching the restaurant, my mother felt very weak and we have to walk very strongly with her from my car to the restaurant. My mum could not eat much and she was very uncomfortable. After the lunch, we drove back to Penang and I stop at a temple in  River Road for a short prayer.  The next day, I admitted her to Advertist Hospital and not too long after that, she passed away at 86 years old.

The memory of that trip was vivid in my memory and it has run through my mind many times since. After that I have only return to that particular restaurant twice in 14 years. The condition of the restaurant keep deteriorating as the business shrunk over the years.  Now, there are about 30 similar restaurants in that area.

So, every business have a shelf life if we do not change with time or change with the business requirements. To have to rejuvenate our business constantly and keep a competitive advantage over your new or old competitors in order to sustant. Now, the current catch phase is " transform for sustainability". Not only chnage but change to preserve green or enhance nature and embrace sustainability.

Live green , protect green and enhance green to preserve the natural environment.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment