Friday, June 8, 2012

Room at the top of the stairs

6Sorry, I am not talking about the song with the similar title but rather there are three rooms on the 1st floor of my sister's  house. One the room used to be my eldest brother's room and since he passed a way 12 year and his wife or my sister-in-law sold his share of the property to my brother and sisters including me and she shifted out 11 years ago with mixed re-actions , the room have remained vacant until now.

For the past years , it has been used as a store room as the remaining members in the house is too scare to stay in that room. Through the years , more and more rubbish was kept in the room and when my siters and her families came back to Penang for holidays, they will cramp into my sister's room and it will be like a war shelter.

I  been talking to my sister to renovate the room for my youngest sister, Jo for their families to stay when they are in Penang but my sister keep rejecxting my request and continue to use that room as a store room. She has rejected and reacted very negatively each time  I bring up the subject for discussion. I do not know her reason for rejecting it.  Lately, I told her that the things are dead while people are living thing and we should take care of the living people. Finally, she reluctantly agreed for me to proceed to renovate the room.

Due to my persistency and stubborness, I try to change things and dispel the myth that my eldest brother's room is not jinx or have bad fung shui. When people died  in a place , we always have the impression that it is the place which is partly the reason for causing the death of a person.  It does not mean that it is always the same reason. When death comes knocking on the door, it is time to go and there is no relations to the place he die. Furthermore, he has been living in that room for more than 9 years.

It has been our custom or our tradition and our belief that we do not have any thing to do with dead people and this is our upbringing and influence by the culture and belief of our surrounding and our parent and peers. Why is it so?  Death and living is a very normal process and it should be taken naturally and handle with respect. Why is birth of  a child is a happy occasion and death is so scary ? It is only a selfish agenda of the living people because they cannot let go or they worried for themselves rather than the death. There is no more benefits from the dead people, so they are not welcome. Strange, isn't it?

Living without constraits and the break the mental barriers imposed on by our society and break free with your own thoughts and understanding and live a good life.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment