Saturday, June 9, 2012

Irasabi restaurant , Penang

Irasabi, maybe it is an old name and previously, it was called Flaming Pot.  It has been in operation for easily 10 years already.  It is a fusion and traditional Japanese food and its Japanese pizza is the best.

Last night, I had my family there with my family at this restaurant which I have been for 10 months or more and before last night,  it has been years that I have not been there.  I loved the setting there as it is full of antiques and paintings. It has a very relaxing environment and nature friendly.

My wife have subscribed for a voucher which is about RM40 per set , a mixture of beef sukiyski, salad, maki and unlimited serving of rice.  It was mend for first timers to the restaurant. The portion was not enough for my daughter, May and her boyfriend and they ordered a few more dishes like Cha Soba, salmon skin  and a Japanese Pizza.  It was quite  filling and I have to pay an additional of RM75 for the food and it cost a total of RM235 for the dinner for four person. For this amount, it is quite reasonable for a  Japanese dinner for four.

In Penang Island, there is about 30 sushi bars and restaurant and plentiful of choice to choose. In Pulau Tikus alone, there is about 20 restaurant and it is abit over crowd in the area and I wonder how they are surviving during the week days or the off season period. But, hopefully, the youngsters are standing to start to love Japanese food. For one, my daughter, May loved japanese food very much especially  sushimi,

The Japanese people have living for a long life than other race because of the diet they are taking. If you loved Japanese food , you will know that there are so much variety of food to choose from especialy their traditional food. I have been working with a Japanese Company for more than 34 years already and I have the chance to eat all the variety but there are still plentiful which I have not taken. I have heard of Tako which is a life squid  and it is taken alive and you could feel the squid jumping in your mouth sucking ot the walls of your mouth and the tongue. It is amazing according to the Japanese to feel the life struggling in our mouth.  Of course, it is quite a savage act as we should respect all the living beings.

Another challenging food is the buffer fish and it is not the taste but the feeling of cheating death.  The buffer fish have poison in the bladder and such poison can be removed by qualified chef and if it is not properly clean, it can kill you.  So, this challenging food is quite expensive and because of the risk, it become an exotic food.

There are many types of Japanses food especially the traditional one which for  many people not be tasty  but for the Japanese people , it is a delicacy . Yes, we live to eat and so, I hope all of you can enjoy what you are doing or eating whether you are  a vegan or a meat eater. Live and lets live.

Namaste.
t

No comments:

Post a Comment