Saturday, June 16, 2012

Goodbye, my friend, LKW

I received a news on the passing of my friend , LKW today. It came as a surprise but I know he is not well for sometime already.  The last time, I meet him at a restaurant and he came over to say hello to me and at that time he has lost a lot of weight and he look frail.

Yes, I know him way back. Maybe 30 years. In this period, I heard that he did great thngs in our Company and he was a valuable asset to our Company. I work with him for almost 10 years in a projct.He was an easy guy but he love good food and each time, after a meeting , he will take my colleagues and me for lunch. One good point is that he is a very good listener and he gve good personal advises.

When he was young, he suffered a weak heart  and he did a by-pass and insert in a pace maker.  This operation help him to return to a normal life and he got married late. He took a lot of medication to protect his heart. Lately, I was told that he went for an operation to change his pace maker. Well, I think to live until this ripe full age of 70 is really incredible especially with a defective heart. His urge for living was very strong and he really stretching his life well.

I regretted not in contact with him for the last few years as  I was told he was unwell by another friend , A who operates a Japanese restaurant. Whenever, I eat at A's restaurant, he will tell me about LKW's condition and the number of times, LKW visit his restaurant.  Through this friend ,A , I managed to be posted on the well being of several friends.

I remembered LKW's sad ending with my Company and he told me that he was played out by another of his supposedly good friend.During his last year with my Company, his good friend , LOK  did something which is unforgivable.  He run down the contribution of LKW and promote himself and get his employment extended at the expense of LKW. They were very good friends before and in the end, the friendship was stained because of this incident.  He told  me that he regretted this move by his friend, LOK and was really sadden.

LKW, what I can say is that you have live your life the best you can and I hope you have been living well. Maybe, you will never heard this wish from me but I respect for what you are and all the kindness and good food. Rest in Peace, my friend.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment