Sunday, June 17, 2012

CRC restaurant at CRC club, Penang

The restaurant was full today. Fill with people celebrating Father's Day  which co-incide with an aniversary dinner celebration which I was one of the guest. I attended the dinner with my SIL, G , my wife and my daughter, May. It was as if we were having a private dinner celebrating Father's Day.  My daughter sent me a Father's Day greeting at the dinner.  I thought she has already forgotten about it.  At least, she still has the heart.... Haiyooo.

The dinner started at 8pm and ended at 10.00pm.  Well, it would have been very boring if we were to attend the dinner ourself alone because my table is together with other guest and they are strangers to me. Luckily, there were four of us and we could eat and chat. But , still the dinner was too long. It started off with a four season, a fish, a chicken dish, a mushroom vegee mix , a noodle and it ends iwtha dessert.  The taste was good. No wonder, it is deemed as one of the best restaurant in town. The fish was fresh and well done.  Syabas to them.

For the past few years, my FIL, J always invited us to attend this Company's dinner on his behalf and for certain years, we have rejected the invitation and since his demise, the shares have been sold to my BIL, J and now it is registered in my SIL, G's name.  The Company is doing well managing a palm oil  plantation.

In my earlier years, we were invited to many such dinner and as we aged, we tend to shy away from such dinner and a simple meal will be our choice most of the time. It is not deemed as anti-social but tiredness sets in and we jsut want to be alone and eating with family members. The tiredness comes naturally from the heart.

Another good thing which happen tonight is that the wine keep flowing and couple with the good food, it was a good dinner but not too often.  Lavish life style is not my choice but a simple and healthy event would be much preferred.

For those people who have not so much such opportunities, I want to assure you that you will get tired of entertainment if it occurs too often. Like I say, the tiredness naturally ooze our from our heart. Naturally. But, do not become anti social and at times, you need to sit it out.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment