Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A marathon Yoga session

Last saturday, my wife and I attended a two and half hour Yoga workshop. My teacher was an American yoga teacher,E and the workshop was to learn  to open our heart. I managed to complete the whole session and E told me that I did quite well. But, after the session, I felt like I have run a half marathon , totally exhausted and hungey. My wife have warned me not to eat and I was very hungry after the session.

She is right and we have to take our meal 4 hours before the session. But, we could have taken some chocolate or banana which will give us the energy to work through the session. Some of the participants eat chocolate to keep up their energy.

Before the session, I was very worried that I could not complete the session because in my normal yoga class which was  a one hour fifteen minutes session, I would be totally drenched and flat out. But, this workshop was done at a  manageable pace and the teacher, E was quite understanding and gave short breaks for rest.

Her teaching style was at a moderate pace and she did not asked us  to hold a pose for five minutes. The longest hold is a 10 second count. In my normal class yoga under M, sometimes, we have to hold the pose for 5 minutes and at the end of the pose, our muscles and joints would be very paintful. The style of teaching in everyone is different especially executing a pose.

Having said that  I understand why M is training the basics and she wants us to build the muscles and strength in the hands and legs, we would be able to handle all the difficult pose. Today, I was very happy, I managed to execute the head stand without any help. I was surprised myrself and I think my body have the strength to do it.  The merit again goes to Miss M' and for her hard training.

Gradually , I felt and believe myself that I am feeling more and more ready and strong to execute the moves that I cannot do before.  Yes, I have change for the better. There is a wisdom which tell us  that there are two reasons for change. One reason is that the person  have learned a lot and another reason is after a person have been hurt alot.

Trust ourselves and remind ourselves that " Impossible is nothing ",

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment