Monday, December 12, 2011

Woke up feeling scare

I woke up and fear grips me. The fear of dying as Master Time flew pass me in great speed. THe days is seem shorter as I aged. I fell a sleep early last night, no long after my usual yoga class. My eyes were tired and my body yelling in pain after the exercise. I could not control my eyes and it just closed by itself. The cold early morning air woke me up and suddenly, I was fearful. Am I fearful of dying ? Really? My thoughts repeatedly haunt me for an answer.

No. I am just fearful of losing everything in life. Death is a definite destination but in due time but the fear of not getting to enjoy my fortune from my hardwork. All of us worked very hard and save intensely to provide for our retiring and twilight years and to live in comfort. There are so many things, we want to do or experience but we do not have the time. If we are working, we will be tired down with our job and trying to do the best out of it. The daily chorus will take the breath and energy out of us and the weekends, we have to recuperate. All of us, working class people will looking forward to the freedom and the enjoyment in our retiring years.

The fruit of our labor. The satisfaction of enjoying the results of our hardwork. Yes, this is what some of us will be fearful of losing. The longer we wait for these retiring days, the more fearful we will become. Just like staking up our money in a bet. A bet against life and if we win it and get to use it, it will be worth all the troubles.

Maybe, this is the wrong way of playing our cards. We should enjoy the fruits of our labor as we work. In this way, the wager will not be so big and the fear would not be so intense. We have to be smart and do everything we want to do at the present moment. Work and enjoy at the same time. However, it is not so easy if we take pride in our job. We want to do a good job and we wanted to finish all our assignmentds on time and become a valuable part of the working team. That is the reason, we have opted for this wager which will grow larger as we worked longer in our job. If we take job as our enjoyment and price as our satisfaction, then the wager would not be so large.

We have to make a choice, a lesser wager or put everything on the last card. If we choose the latter option, the pressure will be intense and the fear will escalate. You will work up in more mornings with cold sweats as we work towards retirement. This again our choice. Our decision. Our life. We have no one to blame as this is our choice. The fear comes from within and our own doing. If we understand this point and accept the wager, then whatever outcome, we will leave to fate.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment