Thursday, December 1, 2011

My yoga session today

The pace of yoga session have been picking up gradually and I feel exhuasted during the weekday classes. On Saturday morning, I could still take the pace. Today, the weather was rather warm before a stormy rain and I have not been sleeping well because of the barking sick dog for the past few days. My body condition have not been at its normal condition and coupled with the hectic yoga session, I could felt breathless at one point of the session.

My left leg was feeling weak as it started to rain. It could be due to the old injury during my football days. The body was not listening to my command and on certain pose, my leg was shivering and during other poses, my hand was shivering. Shivering with pain. But, I hold to the pose as my joints reach the breaking point of pain. I slowed down during certain yoga routine as my teacher push us to a faster pace. At the end of the yoga session, she told us that we were lucky that we missed the prayer pose due to the lack of time. Otherwise, some of us could have flatten out.

Again, I start to wonder whether I am still fit for it. There is a saying " my heart is willing but my flesh is weak". However, I have seen older people than mm doing a more strenuous yoga routine. They can also beat many of the youngsters in energy level and flexibility. Hence, it is not all about the age factor when we go through a strenuous routine.

At imes, I wonder why we are still feeling with pain after I have four years practicing yoga under the same yoga teacher, Mich . The pain is very sore and irritating. For me, I have to acknowledge that age is catching up with me and I have not been as fit as before. Haiyaa.....

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment