Saturday, December 10, 2011

A sleepless night

I had dinner with my family and my sister at Mizi bistro again tonight. While driving back home, I was feeling sleepy and yawn a few times. I thought I will fall a sleep soon and upon reaching the house, I took a shower and head straight to bed. I went to the internet and pull out a few old songs and get myself ready for bed. But, it did not happen this way. My eyes were heavy but my heart could not slow down and make my mind became restless. It must be because of the Chinese tea I had in the afternoon while watching TV. Well, what can I say and I wanted to share some experience which I had in New World Park,Penang.

After dinner with my family at Mizi, I walk around the park and I saw a presentation by some youth on the stage. The theme was " Youth in action ". It was perform by a group of youngsters belonging to a particular church. The group of youth was trying very hard to impress on the audience that they are responsible to save the earth for the future generations. One of the actor read out a poem calling the people to give back what we take so that the world remain as it is. The message was to request the people to imagine that there is no more tress and everything is barren on this earth, what shall the future generations do? It will be sufferings and hard life.

The audience was less than 30 people but it did not dampen the spirit of these young actors and actress. All they want to do is to express themselves and tell the world to care for them. It is a pity that this meaningful play has not got the attention of the people. It does not matter that quality of the acting is raw but the message is important. On a saturday night,all the people is busy enjoying themselves or shopping and leaving this group of youngsters crying out loud for attention. Hello Fellas, please lend them your ears and listen to their cry and what they tell you about the future is real. So, sit up and do something

Before my tired eyes closed for the night, all of us should be aware the hole in the ozone layer is getting bigger and bigger and the ice cap in the north pole is melting and th weather is changing rapidly. There are more earthquakes and flooding this year. Please note that the GODS are getting angry and letting the disasters to wake us up. Just be aware and discipline ourself to reverse the damage we have done to the mother earth. The power is in our hands. Yes, this is the message spelled out by the youth. The power of changeo rest in our hands and it is within us. The choice and decision is within us to exercise.

Before it is too late, please give or contribute whatever you can, in a small way or a big way, please do something to save the future for our generations to come.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment